Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Taking the bait

I decided I want to get out there and just meet people. Yes, my long term secret goal is to meet someone to date but for now why not just see who's out there? So, I made an ad on craigslist in search of a concert buddy. I placed it in the Strictly Platonic section and already received 2 responses!

The first one was from a 20 year old who says she likes to go to shows but not alone. Her musical tastes are similar to mine so that's good.

The second one is a bit more interesting. Unless it's a huge coincidence, I think this person once contacted me for an ad I put up 2 years ago. The e-mail address is different but the name attached the e-mail is the same. She sounds like a concert pro, always going to shows but mostly alone and wants company. The funny thing is 2 years back, the ad she answered was when I was looking for someone to attend a movie I won free tickets to. She wrote after the movie happened, saying too bad she missed my ad because she would have loved to go. We ended up writing back 3-4 times until I asked her for coffee or a beer. She simply replied that she didn't want to leave me hanging but had no interest in meeting.

Well looky here!

I think I'll keep this story to myself if we end up meeting.

No comments: