Friday, September 5, 2008

Can you keep up with me?

It's Friday night. It's almost midnight. It's really hot in my room. I'm kind of tired. Yet, for some reason I just feel like doing something.

The big party I hear outside my window from an adjacent apartment isn't helping.

I hate when I'm like this. I'm just someone that always likes to keep busy. All my friends know this because sometimes I want to do so many tings it's hard to keep up.

I don't know why, but sometimes i feel like everyone else is doing something and i"m always stuck at home. The funny thing is that I actually do quite a lot. There are periods when I"ll have 4-5 parties to go to in one night. I'm constantly going out to shows and hanging out with people. But, there are also periods when I feel alone. Like tonight.


However,I guess I am changing and excepting that it's good to be alone sometimes because in the past, when I'd feel like this, I'd just go out aimlessly, looking for something to do.

In the end, it could be ind of depressing, because it's like I'm walking around hoping to find someone to entertain me. For something random to happen.

It has worked in the past. One night, 4 years ago, I was really antsy and decided to go walk around the local hangouts in hope to find someone I knew. After wandering the streets for over an hour I decided to give up but on the way home bumped into 3 drunk girls who admired my The Darkness t-shirt and we had a beer together. Turns out 2 of them were from Ireland on a work visa and in Montreal for the summer.

We ended up hanging out all summer and I met lots of other cool travellers through them. It was because of them that I ended up in Australia. They convinced me to go travel.

As much as I'd like for something like that to happen (or perhaps I meet a hot chick), I feel like i"m too old (and maybe more mature now?) to go out and seek for things.

Well I hope this post made some sense. It's so damn hot in here.

I'm off to bed.

No comments: