Thursday, October 2, 2008

Elwood's Dating Stories 5 - Hockey Night

Cuddly Bear told me she can't go with me to the hockey game. She had plans already and even though she sounded all excited to go to her first hockey game (and hopefully because I was going too), she said she hadn't seen her friends in a long time and couldn't cancel on them.

As much as I would have liked to go with her, I decided to go with a friend instead. My friend got SUPER excited and she's a huge hockey fan. I think I'll have more fun with her instead because she's all gung ho about dressing up in our hockey team logo, going toa bar before hand and having a good time.

Speaking of hockey, this brings me to another dating blunder I had in my early University days:

I was in my first year at University and I went out one night, in the suburbs were I lived, with some old high school buddies. At the bar, I wasn't having the most fun until I bumped into this guy I knew from college and he introduced me to his friends.

I somehow ended up chatting up a girl amongst the group. I'll call her Pager because I remember having to call her pager all the time to reach her. Anyways, we started chatting for a while and for the first and only time in my life she gave me her number without me evenhaving to ask.

She was a bit older than I and smoked but I still went on a date with her for coffee and it went well.

We had arranged to meet up again later that week at a McDonalds.

Now, keep in mind, I really didnt' have my priorities straight when you read the next paragraph. Back then I was a nerdy kid. I hadn't reached my party phase yet, I rarely drank or got drunk and I lived at home with my parents and studied a lot.

So she shows up late and all excited because she had won two tickets to that nights hockey game and was excited we would go. Being the idiot I was, I totally didn't like hockey back then and didn't even want to concider watching the game even if it meant being with a girl, so I told her thanks but I didnt' like hockey and didnt' want to go and had to study anyways.

She had to scramble quick and made a few calls to find someone to go with and then went off to the game and I never saw her again.

Don't worry, if a girl invites me to a hockey game now, I'm there!

No comments: