Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Potential Date with a new girl!

So again, I've been behind in the blog postings, however, the Jewish New Years just happened this week and as a small "resolution" I'll try to find more exciting things to do so I'll have more to post about.

So I never went into details but basically I went to a speed dating event about a month ago. The thing was to have a 3 minute date with 26 women from ages 20 to 30, most being in their middle 20's.

Among them were a few people I already knew from before from various different ways. A couple I knew from elementary school, one I met once at a dinner Wendy invited me to last year, one I met at a meeting for something, etc.

Then there was also Cuddly Bear who I mentioned briefly last post.

I had met C Bear at a party once a couple of years ago and back then she had a boyfriend. Then I saw her twice over the past year when I worked at Old Navy. One of the 2 times she had invited me to her birthday party. I said I would go, but was a bit weirded out by the extremely random invite that I didn't end up going. That was over a year ago.

She recognized me at the event and we chatted for our 3 minutes.

I wrote down a bunch of matches and was told we'd get our responses in a few days. When I got home, however, I had a facebook message from C Bear saying she had fun at our "date" so I asked her if she'd like to go on a real one, and she accepted.

We went out for a beer a few days later and I had fun. We chatted for a couple of hours and she didn't seem bored, and neither was I. Then we walked together until we split directions and she said goodbye and walked away.

I couldn't tell much from our date but I had the feeling that she just wanted to hang out and that she's not really interested in anything more.

I told this to a friend and she told me I say that about everyone. She had a point,s o I decided not to give up completely.

That was 3 weeks ago.

Since then we chat a bit on MSN but she' constantly busy so we haven't' had a chance to get together again and kept apologizing that she's not usually that busy.

I decided to give it one more shot since I can justify her reasons for being busy and bad timing can be a factor in these things. A pair of hockey tickets landed on my lap so I invited her to the game this weekend.

She got really excited (on MSN), saying she'd never been to a hockey game before. Neither have I so it seems i may have found a good match to go with.
The only shitty thing is she had plans already that night and is being wishy washy about if she can come or not.

More on that when I know it!

No comments: