Wednesday, October 1, 2008

One step forward, one step back?

The Jewish New Years (Rosh Hashana) is a time to celebrate the year you had, the year you're going to have and to throw away your sins and start anew (with Yom Kippur being the holiday we ask for forgiveness for such sins).

That being said, I received an interesting e-mail from Wendy on Monday night.

She started with : "In keeping with the religious aspect of the next two weeks, now is the time to try and rectify any wrong doings over the last year. That being said, I just wanted to apologize for anything I have said or done that hurt you in any way. Anything upsetting that was said was out of frustration not malice, and I'd never do anything to intentionally cause you pain."

Then continued with: "I just want you to know that I wouldn't trade the year I spent with you for anything. You meant a lot to me, and always will. I wish nothing but happiness and great things for you to come this year and always."

I simply replied right away with:

"Thanks for the kind message, although it was not necessary to apologize for anything since I did not think you did any "wrong doings" at all. Things didn't work out between us but I never felt that you said or did anything deliberate to hurt me.

The past year spent together was meaningful to me as well and I got to learn a lot from you about life and myself."

I don't know why, but it bothered me almost completely over the holidays (the past 2 days). It just put Wendy back in my mind. However, even if i"m wrong, I"m just trying to convince myself that she sent that to me as an act of kindness and out of tradition and that there is nothing more to it, no underlining meaning.

ON top of this, I wandered on her facebook page and looked at some recent photos of her and didn't seem as attracted to them as I was in the past, so maybe that's a sign I'm moving on slowly...?

No comments: