Saturday, July 24, 2010

That time of year again

Monday is my birthday. I'll be turning 29. This is my last year in my 20's. Do things really go down hill from there?

Nothing too crazy planned this year. When I was younger I used to try and invite everyone I know and have a huge party at some bar and get really wasted. For my 21st, I think 30 people or more I know showed up to the bar and we took over the whole upper section. I drank way too much and spent the whole night puking.

I learnt many lessons that night and starting toning it down in the following years.

Last year I went to a quirky thing called a Silent Disco where you go to dance but all the music is coming from headphones you're wearing, not giant speakers. So the room itself is pretty quiet when you remove your headphones. That party, 8-10 people showed up.

This year I decided to have a house party. The last 2 years Ive had people over and then we've gone somewhere else, but this time I want a full 100%, come after 9pm, house party. Music, snacks, beer, friends. I ended up inviting ~ 50 people on Facebook.

I expect maybe 10.

Not to say I think I'm unpopular, it's because of miscommunication.  Originally I organized for the party to be at my place. Then I found out I forgot i had to work at the comedy club that night, so rather then cancel, I moved it to a bar nearby to meet after my show. Then I got work that the comedy club fucked up and I'm actually working next week. So i moved the party back to my place.

I wonder how many people are going to get lost. Then last night i went out to this registration party for a really cool film festival I partake in every year and bumped into a bunch of people I know. To each I said "So you coming tomorrow night?". The response each time: "What's tomorrow night?"

*sigh*

Well, it's not quantity, but the quality I guess. I'm sure some people I know will come. I slept really  bad last night and this morning it sounds like a demolition team decided to cause total chaos right outside my window, so I got about 6 hours of bad sleep.So it's probably best if I dont' over do it tonight anyways.

Better get my day started and clean up.


I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: