Saturday, July 24, 2010

Unexpected Gifts

Yesterday I received a package from Indie Rock Girl, all the way from San Fransisco.

I opened it up to discover a book and a CD.

The book is a used  book from an author I never heard of. Inside the book was a note on the dedications page that reads:

Elwood,
To the man of a thousand stories, a book of more stories.
Have a great Birthday!


Your friend.
Indie Rock Girl

Wow. I totally did not expect any gifts at all, and if anything if she were to give me something I figured it'd be when she's visiting here in 2 weeks.

The only thing that bothers me is how she signed it "Your Friend". Either she's really trying to drive a point though or maybe she thinks I'll forget who she is in the future.

Well I just hope I dont' act too weird around her when she's in town. I officially got that same week off and I've got plenty of things on my plate already so I know I wont be following her around like a dog but it will be nice to see her again.

2 comments:

stephanie clara said...

Happy birthday Elwood.
And at 32, I can tell you, things don't go downwards at all :)

Hope you had fun today.
And if not, at least you got a beautiful present.


stephanie

stephanie clara said...

Oh, if you ask me (you don't, I know, but I'll say it anyway), the note is to make clear that you are not more than friends.
To convince you, most probably.
Or maybe, to convince herself.

stephanie