Friday, July 11, 2008

Date #5 - Blondie

Ah to find time to actualy write this blog! Sorry to keep you hanging.

So on Tuesday I had a date with Blondie. Like the last 3 people I went on a date with, I found her online at the same dating site.

What caught me on her profile wasn't her picture (which didn't really do her wonders) but the fact that she was an illustrator and liked to draw comics. We had sent back and forth a couple of messages until I just asked her if she wanted to meet in person for some coffee. I'm not the biggest fan of getting to know someone on the Internet first and then in real life. You're basically doing it twice because you can never tell if the person is the same both on the Internet and in person.

When I didn't hear from her for a couple of days I maybe I had turned her off for wanting to meet so quickly and thought of ways to change my strategy for the next person. However, a couple of days later she got back to me and was up to meet for coffee.

We arranged to meet at a French cafe closer to ehr part of downtown and since her face was hard to see in the pictures, my only way of recognizing her was that she was blond and said she'd be wearing a bright red jacket.

Well that day it was 29 C outside so I thougth I wouldn't find her. I gotthere on time and waited. Then a gorgeous tall blond showed up at the same corner looking for someone. She didnt fit the description at all (Blondie was supposed to be 5'7", this person was easily 5'11") but I was really hoping it was her, haha.

It wasn't.

But after that person left, a very average, someone cute looking blong with glasses, holding a red jacket in her arms appeared.

We nixed coffee and went for dinner instead. We chatted quite a bit and I learned that she is originaly from Montreal, of Dutch decent (her father was born in Holland), moved to Ontario for art school and recently graduated and moved back home with her parents.

She's an illustrator looking for work and does a lot fo stuf fon the computer.

We also chatted a bit about the online dating scene. I think she's new to dating (either after a while or in geenral) and is meeting a lot of peopel online btu I think she's just interested in making friends right now (which is pretty much my mentality as well).

After dinner, this was usually the time where we pay the bill and awkwardly go seperate ways Tthe bill came and she said "So we're going to go, then?" so I started to get ready to go home when she contiued with "..for coffee?"

I was shocked.

SO we went for coffee and chatted some more about stuff.

It started getting late and i had to go home and get some stuff done. When we got outside, I commented how it was so nice and would be the best time for a walk but that I really needed to get home. She agreed and decided to walk me halfway home in the wrong direction.

When it was finally time to part ways i asked if she'd be free saturday night. She said she was pretty busy all weekend, so I joked abotu it being due to her having all these dates from the dating site. She actually admitted to that being the reason but tod me that I was the best one so far.

So that was cool.

I'm not really sure what I want or what to do next. She's very simple looking, nothing fantastic (Wendy was definitely prettier), but she's not ugly. She also has a pretty average body which is fine by me but it's something in her character thats attracting me a bit. She has this nerdy feel to her, which I like. Turns out we both readthe same webcomics! And we both like the same novelty t-shirt from that site!

I also just got an e-mail from her now saying she may be busy but she gave me her cell number anyways and said I could call her to see whats up.

So we'll see what happens

2 comments:

JRM said...

Sounds very promising! Way to go, sounds like you were just enjoying the flow. Awesome!

Anonymous said...

I've read half your blog. This affair looks like something promising.