Thursday, July 17, 2008

The Follow Up

Last Saturday I had acquired free tickets to go see the Canadian premiere of Just Buried, a movie starring Jay Baruchel (one of Judd Apatow's crew - famous for the tv show Undeclared and also had a role in Knocked Up).

i wanted to take Blondie but she wasn't sure if she was free that night or not and said she'd get back to me Saturday morning. I never heard from her and she didn't pick up her cell phone. Not wanting to waste the free ticket, I phoned a bunch of people to go with but everyone was busy.

I decided to have some fun and posted it on craigslist. I then went out to this meeting I had for a couple of hours and accidentally left my phone in my apartment. While at the meeting, I realized I didn't really want to depend on craigslist. I wouldn't have time to find anyone if I went back home and saw I got no responses. So, I asked a friend at the meeting and she accepted.

We had never hung out before but she seemed cool enough. During the film I got cold and used my sweater as a blanket. Then I got hot so I pulled my arms from under it. Then she got cold and wanted it so I passed it to her. Then I got cold and thought if i tugged on it she'd start cuddling with me.

Guys, that doesn't work.

Instead we kind of fought over it until we each had a part.

However, after the movie I got a text from Blondie saying she was free and wanted to go for coffee.

I said goodbye to my friend and went for coffee with Blondie at 12:30am.

It was a fun date talking to her about whatever. however, at the end of the night, she said good bye to me by standing 5 feet away, giving me the thumbs up and saying "I had fun" and then walked away. A hug or something would have been nice...

I decided that I'm not really looking for any ting serious with anyone but I'd like to have someone to hang out with and be physical with. I'm not talking sex, I just mean hanging out and having fun and being flirtatious, and then watching a movie or something and snuggling. Kissing would be nice, but if that's not what they want, I'm fine with that.

Of course out of all the girls to meet in My City, I pick one who doesn't like being touched apparently.

We've been texting back and forth since yesturday and basically she invited me to movie tomorrow night. I asked if it was a scary movie and she said she wasn't sure. I then joked that I don't like scary movies and asked if there are really scary parts, could I hold on to her.

Her reply was "Maybe if its really scary. I've never been big on physical contact... it doesn't run in my family :P".

Well.. that kind of sucks.

I'm still going to go and see what happens but I'm not expecting anything different then if I went to the movie with my brother. Just two people hanging out.

On a side note, I got an e-mail a couple of days ago from someoen who had read my post about the free movie tickets and was disappointed she missed the occasion. Funny enough, we've e-mailed back and forth a couple of times now, talking about comedians we like.

Today and asked her out for coffe or beer and have yet to get a response.

We'll see what happens.

2 comments:

JRM said...

Dang, what's with not liking to be touched? Something else behind that, I'm guessing. Your message about holding her hand in the scary parts is just tooooo fun! LOL Luv it!

CL girl sounds like fun, too! It's awesome to see you getting out there! Have fun, for sure!

Leigh said...

my ex-boyfriend was at the jay baruchel screening that night. I guess it's a good thing I didn't go with you. ha