Monday, September 7, 2009

Labour Day Weekend

This week has a been pretty chill but also interesting. Friday night I went to visit my parents in the suburbs and ended up staying over. I like doing that from time to time. I get a nicely cooked meal, watch a movie with my family and sleep in a warm bed.

Saturday I went shopping for a new bag to carry around all my crap. My previous bag, although I loved it, was on it's last leg. It's a postman bag and the strap was about to break off. I went to the mall in the suburbs with my mom and saw all kinds of bags that were sort of what I wanted but didn't have this feature or that feature. Eventually, I ended up in a shop that had the exact same bag! So I grabbed it right away.

I spent the rest of the afternoon chilling in my room working on a poster for a friend. It looks awesome. I'm really starting to get the hang of making posters for comedy shows. I did 2 already and have the opportunity to do a whole bunch in the next month.

Last night i saw Inglorious Bastards. I highly recommend you go see it. It was AWESOME! Some might say it's Quentin Tarintino's best movie but it was highly enjoyable.

Sunday morning I just chilled at home. Not even 24 hours after I wrote the post on how I was going to move on from Rock Chick, I received an e-mail from Plentyoffish and one from Ok Cupid. The OK Cupid one said someone checked out my profile and like it but I need to rate others to find out who it was (waste of time). the Plentyoffish one was an actual message from what seems to be a very enthusiastic and outgoing. She read my profile and seems to really like what I had to say and wants me to write back. She's from out of town and also a big chubby. I can tell from her picture I'm not attracted to her at all. Why can't girls I'm attracted to send me messages out of the blue?

I worked some more on the poster and in the afternoon I headed to my weekly workshop with my comedy group. I thought it went super well. We tried something new and I feel it's the beginning of something much grander in the future.

Then I headed to the theatre that i frequent every Sunday as well. I had a blast in the workshop. This is followed by a show which I felt I did really well in. I made a lot of the right choices (which is hard in improv) and even got a few compliments after the show.

On the way home I ended up walking right by the open window of a bar and thought I recognized someone I hadn't seen in about 5 years. I pretended to walk inside to get a better look and still couldn't care. So, I said "fuck it" and walked up to the person i thought was my old friend and it was!

Turns out she was visiting with her boyfriend all the way from Boston, had been in town for a few days and is leaving tomorrow. This is the second time this happened.

Tomorrow, my day off, I plan on just relaxing, finishing up the posters and cleaning my room with hopefully some time to jam on the ol' guitar in the park.

Happy a have Labour Day everyone!

No comments: