Sunday, September 6, 2009

On To The Next One

I don't get it.

I meet someone online and we end up going out on several dates. Not one or two, like 7. Each time, unless I"m totally mistaken, I've shown that I was interested in being more than friends without having to throw my tongue in her mouth. Each time, she didn't do anything to make it seem obvious she was totally not interested in me either. All the while, I felt something just wasn't right but kept at it anyways.

Well, it's been over a week and a half, so I know that Rock Chick should have returned back to town. I didn't expect her to call me as soon as she got off the plane but she's definitely been back a few days. Heck, she never called me before either, I was always making the calls.

I'm guessing she was just never into me and just couldn't say no to hanging out. This time, I really don't think I'm over reacting. Besides, she's still going on plentyoffish.com. Yes, obviously I'm no better since I went on to find out, but I couldn't' help it. I was really curious.

In a way I feel a little used but that's what dating is, right? You go out with someone a couple of times an if it's not for you, you move on. It's bound to happen so you have to enjoy each date for itself. I probably just should have gotten out a lot sooner, but didn't really mind either.

In any case, since I stopped actively pursuing girls online, I've been doing a lot of other proactive things like playing my guitar, working on posters for friends' shows coming up, working hard at work, doing a lot of improv, etc., so I've been keeping busy.

I'm not holding my breath to hear from Rock Chick again.
I also think I'll start looking around online soon but not really in the biggest rush.

No comments: