Thursday, August 27, 2009

Decision Made

Tonight is the last night I could spend time with Spider Dude before he leaves to go back to Australia. We were hanging out with another one of his friend's, walking around, shooting the shit.

I shared with him the decision I made in my mind last night. Rock Chick is currently away for about 2 weeks. Instead of worrying about what I want to do - should I pursue others? Do I want to stick with Rock Chick?, etc. - I decided I will just do nothing. Take a step back and have a break. concentrate on other things. Work, Improv, having fun.

Then, I'll give Rock chick about a week. If she calls me when she returns and wants to hang out, I'll go with the flow and see what happens. If I don't hear from her for about a week after she's been back then I'll move on to something else.

I know that being the guy I can always make the first move (and some believe I should always make a move), but I realized that even though I could keep pursuing her by making the calls and grabbing her attention, that's not what I always want. I don't want to be with someone that I always need to chase after. I would like to date someone who can reciprocate. If Rock Chick isn't that someone, than I'll have to say goodbye and move on.

Let's see what happens.

No comments: