Sunday, August 23, 2009

Party like it's 1985

I know I havn't been posting so often as of late. Work has got a lot better lately, I'm not swamped but things are starting to pick up. I've been going out a lot too. Spider Dude is still in town all the way from Australia. This past week another friend who moved to Israel was in My City and a bunch of us got together almost daily until yesterday. I've been keeping busy but there just hasn't been much to talk about on this blog since I havn't been pursuing people.

It has been almost 1 month and a half since I've met Rock Chick. We've been on probably 7 or 8 dates. We've gone out for dinner, she's come over to watch a movie, we spent a whole day at a concert, etc.

Last night, Spider Dude organized an outing to an 80s dance night at a bar. I was excited to go since he told me he didn't care who came as long as I was there. We both don't mind making fools of ourselves and just have fun - without any alcohol (we're crazy like that).

I had invited Rock Chick back on Monday and she was excited to come. Last minute (yesterday) she called me and asked if she could bring someone. She is part of this exchange program where people from overseas are paired up so when they move to My City for the university, they have someone they can hang out with. It was a smart move since we ended up being a bunch of dudes so at least she had another female around.

The night itself was a lot more fun then I thought it would be. I wasn't feeling so hot during the day but felt better at night. Also, I was afraid I was going to act all weird because Rock Chick was there but I didn't. I think having Spider Dude around helped because I was having fun and not feeling nervous.

The dancing itself was ok. The music wasn't very good but the being around fun people was. After a couple of hours we decided to split since Rock Chick and her friend had to leave to catch the last Subway. Spider Dude had a car and offered to just drive them home (Rock Chick's friend was staying at her place) so I asked him if it was cool if I came for a ride.

On the way there, I ended up sitting in the back seat with Rock Chick. We talked and joked around. At one point I put my hand behind her neck and started to rub it lightly. Again, she didn't throw my hand away but I couldn't tell if she actually liked it or not. I know that if someone does like something they will not allow you to do it but she never shows any signs of acknowledgment. It can be frustrating.

When we arrived at Rock Chick's place I got out of the car to move to the front seat. Rock Chick is leaving to go back to her home city for 2 weeks so I wished her a good trip, told her friend I was that it was nice meeting her and then moved towards Rock Chick. She gave me a hug so I kissed her on the cheek.

In the car, I talked to Spider Dude a bit about it. He told me straight up that he thought she was beautiful looking (he's old school like that). He really liked her. I asked what vibes he got from her and he honestly told me he couldn't tell anything. From how she acted around me he couldn't tell if she sees me as a friend or more.

I don't know what to do anymore. Part of me wants to see what will happen and part of me wants to see what else is out there. Well, she's gone for 2 weeks. By now she should know I like her more than a friend (or she's really clueless) so when she returns I'm leaving it in her court to reach me.

In the meantime I think i may start pursuing other things, not to drop Rock Chick completely, but surely there is nothing wrong to just look around. I'm not saying I'll go on 100 dates in 2 weeks but if the opportunity to meet someone new arises, I won't totally reject it.

What do you guys think? Are things moving too slow with her or am I being too eager? Think she's just yanking my chain?

Share you thoughts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you should just tell her how you feel about her. I've been in a similar situation before, and my guess would be that she's just not that good at flirting or showing interest. If that's the case, she might welcome your openness. I could be wrong though.