Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Flower Power

I have a date tonight with Rock Chick. I decided I wanted to buy her a flower or two since she said she had a bad week last week and I hadn't really had a chance to see her in a while.

During lunch break I went out of my office to the grocery store next door only to find that they had nothing. Across the street there was a convenience store which also sold flowers. Inside, I saw a bunch of shelves, practically empty. A small plant here and there.

The store lady told me that they are expecting more inventory soon. In search of buying just a flower or 2 our conversation went something like:

Elwood: Do you just have a flower or 2 for sale?
Lady: What kind of flower?
Elwood: Any flower, I don't need a whole plant, it's just a gift.
Lady: How about this piece of bamboo?
Elwood: Oh... Well it's a gift, for a girl, you know?
Lady: Girls love bamboo sticks! (shoving it in my face)
Elwood: Thanks... but it's not what I'm looking for... Have a nice day.

No comments: