Monday, August 3, 2009

My weekend with Rock Chick

Yes, I managed to spend a whole weekend with Rock Chick, but nothing steamy like with Glasses. We just hung out. A lot.

Last Monday I had asked Rock Chick if she would like to go with me to this Huge Outdoor Rock Concert that happens once a year in My City. It's a 2 day festival but I was only interested in going on Sunday (Day 2). She had said yes to that and also to asking if she wanted to meet the next day as well.

So, after Tuesday, I wasn't supposed to see her until Sunday. Saturday comes along and I gave her a call to figure out our plans for Sunday. It turned out she was actually biking towards my area of the city to run a few errands. The only thing I had planned that day was to play guitar in a park, so she said she'd come by when she was done her errands.

I was out on my own for about an hour, jamming away, until she showed up. She listened to me play and seemed to like it but also got distracted a lot by things around us. I'm not the best guitar player or singer but i couldn't tell if she was bored. She kept telling me to continue, even when I stopped.

After a while we were talking about getting ice cream at a shop not too far by bike. Since my apartment was close by, the plan was to go back to my place, grab my bike and head to the ice cream shop.

Once we got to my place, I invited her in to check out the place. She also wanted to see old pictures of me on my PC since I told her i used to have a shaved head (and then a giant Afro).

Throughout all this I was getting pretty hungry, so I suggested we get real food and barbecue. She really wanted ice cream and the BBQ wasn't free yet (roommate was using it), so we had ice cream for supper and then BBQ steaks for dessert.

While we were getting the meat, I suggested renting a movie, and she loved the idea.

Once we were cooking the meats, new neighbours of mine i had just met earlier that day, were out on the porch, chatting to us. They asked me about my roommates and I told them that they are a couple. To that, the 2 dudes asked Rock chick and I how long we've been a couple.

Total silence.

Rock chick then mentioned how we went on 3 dates. I find it's always so awkward at the beginning of something like this.

We ate our steaks, made a mean salad and then adjourned to the living room to watch our movie (a Jewish comedy). On the couch we ended up cuddling a bit but she didn't really lean in much. I had my arm around her and she didn't' object but she didn't rest on me either.

After the film, which was hilarious, I walked her out and down my steps. We said our goodbyes and had a quick kiss goodnight.

So what was supposed to be a quick phone call ended up being a 10 hour date.

Sunday was another long day spent together. We arrived at the show grounds at 2pm and left at 11pm. We saw 8 bands in 9 hours. It was awesome! I got to see The Honey Brothers, Beatnuts, beast, The Ting Tings, Vampire Weekend, Rufus Wainright, Arctic Monkeys and the Yeah Yeah Yeahs.

it poured at the beginning and a bit in The Decemberists/Arctic Monkeys sets but otherwise it was a nice and beautiful day.

Throughout the show we talked and at some points I pulled her close and had my arm around her back or both arms around her waist. Each time she didn't pull back, but also seemed distant. by the end of the night she finally reciprocated and put her arm around my back as well and played a bit with it with her hand (taping it and rubbing it).

When the show finished, we were both exhausted and headed home by subway. We had to get off at the same stop but then each take different cars to finally get home. Again, we said our goodbyes and had a very quick kiss.

I had a lot of fun with her but I wonder if we spent a bit too much time together. Also, I can tell she likes me because she keeps letting me do stuff, she's not rejecting my advances, but on the other hand she's not really adding to anything. I figured there are many factors as to why (I'm moving too fast, she's not really that interested, she's afraid and not ready yet, etc.)

An even bigger thing to ask is am I interested in her. I hate when I get this way and start questioning everything. I admit I don't find her drop dead gorgeous and am normally attracted to women who are a bit more nice looking, but she has amazing eyes. Truly piercing eyes. And I find her funny. It's just, I don't know, I'm not blown away yet. But should I be? We've only been on a couple of dates. Even then, though, as much as things went slow with Wendy and I after a while, at the beginning I could tell a big attraction through the both of us. We made out on our 3rd date. it was hot.

I don't think I want to move on just yet, but my best friend Spider Dude is back in My City visiting family and asked if I was seeing anyone, I told him about rock Chick. He told me that it didn't really sound like a liked her that much. He said if the answer is something along the lines of "Yeah, I think so", which it sort of, then I should get out while I'm a head.

I decided to take a little break from Rock Chick. We did spend a whole weekend together. I'm not going to call her until probably Wednesday or Thursday, just to give it a few days. this way it gives me a chance to think things over a bit (or at least stop thinking of things, rather) and see if she calls me or not either.

1 comment:

JRM said...

Hmm.... My 2 c's, which are worth about that ;) ...if you are looking for Ms. Right, then run away from Rock Chick. If you're looking for a bit of fun, maybe another date in 3-4 weeks or so. But you are getting out there and enjoying, which is awesome!