Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Old habits die hard

I said I wasn't going to, and I kind of haven't really, but I sort of started browsing online dating sites again. It started with a "oh, maybe I'll just have a gander" to checking my account several times a day. I haven't broken out of this lazy spell to actually contact anyone, I'm just looking at peoples' profiles, see who's new, who's gone/taken.

I decided to update my profile and picture. I took down my old goofy-faced pictures and replaced them with newer, more recent... goofy face pictures. As much as I want to show i"m a grown up, I also want attention, and it's working. Just not in the way I thought.

I got an e-mail stating a 30 year old added me as a "favorite" on Plentyoffish.com. It's basically a way of keeping tabs on people you want to keep tabs on. So, I messaged her and I get back a reply that she thought my pictures were funny and that's all she wanted to say.

This is not much unlike "I like you as a brother" kind of situation, in the sense that I'm coming across as a guy that will entertain you with my pictures. It's happened a few times now that I've been contact (or stopped in the street) and told that my profile pictures are funny, but they don't want to get to know me.

Maybe it's time I "grow up" a bit, but it's so hard. I don't even look good when I smile normally!

No comments: