Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Don't Fuck It Up

I feel like as hard as it is trying to "get the girl" it's the "keeping the girl" that's even harder. I'm not saying that I'm having a hard time with Indie Rock Girl, I just feel like instead of worrying about if she likes me or not, now I'm worrying about how to get her to keep liking me.

We met tonight to watch Lost and then we went to see friends of mine do a show and I just got home now. She left something in my room so she walked back with me and then we said our goodbyes and with a kiss.

After she left my room mate brought to my attention that I sounded funny because I had asked her a question and then answered it myself. Them being:

"So when do you think I'll be seeing you again?", and "Probably not for a long time".

I was just referring to the fact that I know she's not available Friday night and possibly Saturday night and I'm usually busy Sunday nights so that makes it until next week. However, it did sound pretty funny how I said it.

The only thing that bugged me was that I suggested we meet tomorrow. She said no because she needs to rest. I don't blame her, we've been doing a lot together. My biggest fear (and I'm sure I've said it countless times) is to come across too needy. I doubt that little slip will push her away but I feel like I need to be careful. When I meet someone I like (even as friends), I just want to spend a lot of time with them.

Well, we may meet up again on Saturday. Until then...

No comments: