Monday, August 16, 2010

All good things come to an end

She's gone.

We had dinner together tonight at a great vegetarian place. Then she came over to check something on the Internet. I walked her to the door. We hugged and she said "Well... bye!". Or something along those lines.

I didn't have much else to say either. I'm trying not to make a big deal out of it and figured the less said the better.

She leaves tomorrow to fly back home and I'm not sure if she'll ever come back to Montreal. I guess the plan is to stay in touch via e-mail but I'm hoping to keep them pretty sporadic so I don't get too excited and distracted by them. I knwo it sounds silly but I have to get it in my head that from now on it'll be e-mails from a friend, like a pen pal, and not like a long distant girlfriend.

Don't worry about me, I'm fine this time.

I had a lot of fun with her this past week but we both knew this was going to happen and I have other things to keep my mind afloat: 1. Findind a new job and 2. finding a new apartment.

Yes, my roommates have informed me that they will be wanting to live alone come this January (they are a couple) which makes total sense.

In the end, I gave IRG her gift and she loved it. We ended up going to her friend'sd party which was fun adn had amazing food. Then we ended the night at the apartment she was staying at. This time she invited me up, so that felt nice.

Well she's gone.

I'll get over her but I can't but say:

I'll miss you.

1 comment:

stephanie clara said...

nice post Elwood.
Take good care of yourself