Monday, August 9, 2010

I will never learn

I spent most of th eafternoon and evening with Indie Rock Girl.

I invited her to come to the water slides with Ira and I on Wednesday so we had to go bathing suit shopping since she left hers back home.

Afterwards we went to a park so I could play guitar and her read a book. I was so tired a fell asleep for a couple of minutes.

We returned to my place and made dinner together. I forgot how much fun it is to make dinner with her.

After we ate we were going to watch a movie but I had to finsih a project for someone and when I was done she was too tired so we played cards.

At this point after spending all day with her my mind had turned to mush adn all I wanted to do was kiss her. I was having a hard time concentrating on anything. Then I walked her to the door and we hugged for an extended period of time. No one wanted to let go.

I pulled back, looked at her... and did nothing.

She walked to my door talked a few more minutes, saw me staring at her with puppy dog eyes and asked "what?" and I just told her i was tired.

She went down the stairs and walked away. She turned back as she went down the sidewalk and I waved. She waved back.

Why is this so hard?? We said we'd have fun, so why do I have this feeling of hesitation?

2 comments:

stephanie clara said...

so... what's happening? or not happening?

Fickle Cattle said...

I can totally relate to this (aside from the fact that you date girls). Also started dating in my 20s. Not easy.

ficklecattle.blogspot.com