Saturday, August 7, 2010

Must... Avoid... Awkwardness!

Thursday was Indie Rock Girl's birthday (fun fact - she's actually 2 years older than me) and was the same day she arrived in My City for her 12 day visit.

The primary reason for her visit is a wedding. Someone she used to work with is getting married. Today in fact.
Then, she decided since she loved Montreal so much, she would stay for an extra week. So for those of you who are wondering, she didn't come just to visit me. Although, as mentioned in an earlier post, she had told me via e-mail that we could be pretend girlfriend/boyfriend but that was over a month ago.


That being said I'm not really sure what to do or what I want to do.

On Thursday, I met up with her and her friends for dinner and then just her and I went to see a comedy show. Following the show, I treated her for ice cream and then we walked to the subway together. We had to go in opposite directions, adn my car was hear coming, so I gave her a hug and left.

I guess i could have tried to kiss her but I'll admit I'm afraid. I'm glad she's back and when I hung out with her it felt like she never left. I just don't want to scare her off. I'd rather do nothing and have a guaranteed fun tie with her than try something and make everything awkward between us. I know she told me we could be pretend dating but she's also said she likes being my friend in a later e-mail as well as signed the gift she sent me with "Your friend, Indie Rock Girl". It is possible she just changed her mind and I'm just too afraid to ask.

Right now she's staying at a friend's place at the other side of town but come Monday she'll be house sitting for the newly weds and will be only one block away from me. I'm also off work for the entire week, so the plan is to hang out all week if possible. I'm also her date for the wedding so I'll get to see her today as well.

All that being said, I think I'll just step back and see what happens.

No comments: