Sunday, November 28, 2010

A little bit too cocky?

I just got home from another date with Cute Jew 2 (CJ2). We've been seeing each other quite a bit in a short while. I met her last Friday, went to a show Saturday night, she came to support me at a show i was in on Sunday, we went for dinner Thursday and I saw her yet again tonight.


Thursday dinner was quite nice and afterwards I walked her to the subway station. We were going in different directions. She told that dinner was nice and when I suggested we go out Saturday night her face lit up with a smile and a "yeah OK!".

When friends had asked me how things were going with CJ2, I would say no bad but I could tell she really likes me.I even cracked the joke that it's been "too easy". My coworker said I was sounding cocky.

I thought about it today and after going on a couple of dates all ending with me standing quite far from her saying how I had fun, I decided tonight I'd attempt to kiss her.

Those who follow my blog long enough will know I have a terrible time kissing girls on dates for the first time.

Tonight we went to play pool and bowling (at the same place), had coffee and then I walked with her for several blocks in her direction home. It was really cold tonight but when we arrived at the subway, I went inside and she followed. Again I was standing kind of far but had every intention to move in close.

Before I could do anything she smiled and said she had fun and we should do something again soon (actually I can't remember if she said something like "lets get together again" or "we should do something sometime" - big difference) and then came up to me and gave me a hug.

I tried to hold her tight but didn't feel it reciprocated so a loosened. Now I"m sure if she wanted a kiss she would have stayed in my arms and looked up or something (she's like a foot shorter than me than me) but instead she b-lined for the door. She still smiled and said she wanted to see me again.

So, I can't tell if she did that out of  being shy or if she did that to show she just wants to be friends. As she was leaving I said "Wait. When would you like to..." but I instead of finishing my sentence i just said "Oh, we'll figure something out I'm sure" and left.

I'll give it a couple of days before i call her and see how she reacts. If she wants to get together and again so eagerly than I'll assume she's just shy.

I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

stephanie clara said...

Just a question... why not be natural, why not be yourself? why do we always need strategies and tactics? why making everything even more complicated by being how you think she wants you to be instead of being how you are?