Sunday, December 5, 2010

Elwood 2.0

Yesterday I went through a complete wardrobe change.

A female friend of mine has been asking me for the longest time to allow her to take me shopping. Once I agreed she said I was in for a very unique experience.


We started at my apartment.

She went through all my drawers and closet and we went over every single item of clothing I owned. Basically she told me that I have a good style but I don't wear anything that fits me properly. For example I've been wearing a size 32 pants when in fact I'm really a 29-30. I have a tendency to buy large shirts when I should be wearing medium or small. She told me that from now on I should only look for European cut clothing because they are usually designed to be more fitted.

This was perfect timing since I'm moving in less than a month and have tons of old clothes i should have got rid of ages ago. Well, after we looked through all my clothes, I ended up with 3 large garbage bags worth of stuff to donate to a thrift store. My closet is bare and my My drawers went from brimming with clothes to one completely empty and the other half full.

Then we hit the stores.

She's a very fashionable person in a way that I like. She's not all about spending loads of cash on high end designer makes just because it's Armani. On the other hand she is all about finding things that have a little something that makes it unique but not far out there.

Oh and she know's how to find thing on sale.

We basically went to a store that is known for selling designer clothes at ridiculously lower prices. Plus they have a liquidation section. With her help I bout about 150$ worth of clothes (came to 5 items) that would have normally cost close to 300$.

The only downfall was she really wanted to dress my up classy and we went to Zara right before the stores closed. I ended up being convinced to be one pair of pants and one shirt that cost more money than all the other items together. However, she insisted they look awesome on me.

I figured if I'm going for change, than I'll go all the way.

The other god thing about my shopping "date" was I had brand new clothes for my real date that night. I was invited to a Hanukkah party by Cute Jew 2.

While having dinner with my shopping friend, I had a realization about two things that I have a bad habit of doing:

1. I'm very indecisive when it comes to dating someone especially at the beginning. I worry so much about what could happen, what I want, etc. instead of just enjoying the moment. It's totally OK to date someone for a while and then realize they are not for you. I don't have to figure it out on the first date.

2. I tell too many people my progress when dating someone. I'm so wishy washy, hat I keep changing my mind, like i am with CJ2. If i would just keep it all to myself, then no one would know my indecisiveness and I'd be able to just figure things out myself instead of feeling like i have to keep justifying everything to my friends. Otherwise they'll ask me things like "Oh I thought you liked her" or "Oh didn't you say you weren't interested?" all the time.

So I'm going to try really hard this time to keep my dating information to myself and if I'm in the mood to talk tot someone or rant about it, I'll just use this blog. That's what I started it for in the first place.

Speaking of which, even though I wrote a post recently that I'd tell Cute Jew 2 that I'm not up for dating her, last night went int eh complete opposite direction. I think I made her like me more.

We went to her "party", which ended up being 8 girls and myself hanging out at an apartment having dessert. I was decked out in my new clothes and for once kept pretty quiet (mostly due to be exhausted but also trying something new).

Because I never had time to go home, I just met her straight from shopping and that didn't allow me to go get the CD I burnt for her (I made a copy of an album she told me she wanted to buy). Once I told her that, her face lit up like I did the most awesome thing in the world. Bonus points for me.

The party was nice and chill and then when it got late we went to the Subway together.

We were both tired and quiet but she leaned on my shoulder so I put my arm around her. Then on the subway car, her stop was coming up so she told em she had a really nice time Adan was glad I came.

I couldn't help it but I felt like it was the right moment to kiss her. I could see she really wanted me to and I just couldnt' resist (and wanted to also) so I did.

She's coming tonight to support me at my show. She's really excited.

I also found out something very interesting last night. I dont' know why the conversation came in that direction and I wasn't purposely trying to veer it there, but we were talking about dating experience. I.e. how many b/f - g/f have we had. She admitted she's dated 4 guys, the longest being 4 years and the other 3 only 6 months each.

She told me she usually gets a lot of guys after her but most of them just want to get in her pants.



She is exactly where I was when I was dating Wendy.

I'm not sure what I want from this especially now that there won't be any sex, but for now I just want to go with the flow.

No comments: