Sunday, November 1, 2009

My Halloween 2009 Experience - Part 1

I have been so busy with work and other things lately I haven't had the urge to write anything. Besides I didn't really have much to write about, until now:

For the past 7 years I have actually put in quite an effort (and money) into my costumes for Halloween. I would think of an idea months before October and would start working on it from up to a month in advance (if not more).

This year, I decided to tone it down a little bit. I picked a costume that took relatively less time "making" it (one year I was Optimus Prime - Head, body, arms and legs all made out of cardboard and tape) and was more a matter of finding the right items that made up the costume. I chose to be one of the characters from the movie Watchmen (Rorschach).

One problem that has occurred in the past form spending all my free time working on my costume is that I'd spend all that time getting everything ready before I even had an actual party to go to. This year, being no exception, I had no plans until Friday (the night before).

About 2 weeks ago I befriended two girls currently living in My City but are on exchange from Ireland. They actually only met each other here and happened to have met me at the theatre that I perform at (they came to watch the show). Since then we got to hang out a couple of times and as it turned out one of them has her birthday on Halloween, so I was invited to spend Halloween with them. I love meeting new people, especially girls... who have sexy accents.

On Saturday, I got up and put the last touches I needed to make on my costume and headed out to the party.

I'm going to stop there for now. Tune in soon for Part 2! (It's worth it)!

No comments: