Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 in Review

Today is the last day in 2009. I thought I'd look back at all the exciting things that has happened in my dating life in the past year:

The beginning of the year started off rocky. I was getting sick all the time and complaining about stress and work. From January to February I had gone on a couple of dates with new girls and tried setting others up but nothing much amounted from any of it.

The most "exciting" thing to happen in February was when I bumped into my ex-girlfriend Wendy at one of my improv shows. I would later find out by text from her that it was the same day we broke up a year prior. Weird.

In March, I got super drunk on St Patricks Day and felt like a young guy again when I puked my guts out.

April was great since I went to Chicago. It was a small vacation I needed desperately. I had a blast hanging out with friends, watching improv and doing improv.

Things started to look up as summer approached. By May, I had reached girl #9 of the 10 different girls I wanted to go on dates with, that I started roughly a year before.

In June, my brother Ira decided I needed help on dating and gave me a book called "How to succeed with woman". I read 3/4 of the book before I got tired of it. I had wanted to write detailed posts about what I was reading but got super lazy and never did. Now you'll never know my secrets to dating!... unless you go read that book...

The end of July was very interesting. That is when I met date #10 - Rock Chick. She would be the closest thing I had to dating someone since Wendy. She was the only girl of the 10 I met and went on dates since Wendy that I had multiple dates with. We hung out several times in the period of over a month. Then she disappeared and I was getting too frustrated trying to figure out what was going on so I moved on.

The other thing that happened in July was the night before my birthday, I went on a date with someone I met from the Internet. That night would mark the first time I went home with a girl and tried to have sex with. I had, er... manhood issues, but it was a very interesting and fun night and definitely added a notch to my experience meter.

Not much happened in September but then October I was all over the place. Work was piling up but then I had a great break when I participated in a week long improv festival. It was a complete blast! Then, my favorite holiday, Halloween, arrived and for the first time ever, I brought home a girl to my place. It's funny how I almost slept with a girl on both my birthday and Halloween.

In November I went to the craziest party I had ever been to. It was a "no clothing" party where everyone had to wear something that was non-conventional for clothing, such as paper bags or boxes. There was also a lot of really hot chicks scantly dressed.

This past month, I went on a "date" with a girl I met at my room mates concert and was glad that even though I reached my "10 dates with 10 different girls" that was still able to continue, making her girl #11. Although, later i would find out that my room mate bumped into her, chatted with her and said "Oh! So you're the girl Elwood went on a date with" and she totally went on a rant making it as clear as possible that we were not on a date and she has absolutely no interest in dating me. Fun...

Also, a couple of weeks ago, I had been contacted out of the blue by a girl on the Internet who seems extremely nice, is extremely hot, interesting and cute, but lives in Florida. Surprisingly enough, we've been e-mailing back and forth almost every day. I admit it's a nice distraction even though I really don't' see anything coming out of it. We also agreed to start chatting on MSN but haven't been online at the same time.

Finally, the last thing to happen in 2009 is just yesterday I discovered through facebook's live feed that Wendy has a new boyfriend. No shock there. It's been almost 2 years since we broke up so of course she'd be bound to date someone else. He's just not as good looking as I am :)

So, did I learn anything in 2009? I'd say yes. I discovered:
- I can go on dates with girls if I try.
- I work a lot but that's life so I should stop complaining about it.
- If I drink too much I have problems in the bedroom.
- Improv
comedy is probably the only thing keeping me sane.

To a good and healthy year in 2010!

Happy New Year Everyone!

No comments: