Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The downside of Internet Dating

After a while, you lose track of who you've contacted. Well at least I have!
There is a record of you've messaged but it gets cleared every few days or something so eventually you have nothing reminding you if you've already contacted someone. Instead it's all based on memory of their picture. Then things get tricky when they change their profile picture. It's like, you're browsing the lists and see a cute picture, read the into line, sounds good. Open the profile and BAM! You can now see it's a girl you contacted 6 months ago who just deleted your message before even reading it (you can check that) because you recognize some of the other photos int eh profile.

Speaking of which. A girl contacted me out of the blue. No picture. Short profile saying she's new to Internet dating and all her message said was "Whats up?". We've now wrote back and for about 20 times since yesterday. Each message has been short. I've also noticed that if I ask 2 questions she seems to only answer the last one. I finally asked for a picture and she said "In due time". I'm really wary about this since it sounds a bit too secretive but I guess as long and she doesn't ask me for my credit card number I'm OK.

No comments: