Thursday, December 17, 2009

Just my luck...

I recently received a message out of the blue from someone I had never contacted before on Ok!cupid. She said she raid my profile and said we had some things in common and wanted to hear from me. We ended up writing e-mails back and forth all weekend. I just happened to be around my apartment/room so it made it easy for me to read and reply.

In those two days I discovered that she is cute, funny, Jewish, works as a grade 1 school teacher, likes a lot of the same music I do, owns a pink guitar and can only play 1 song - "About a Girl" by Nirvana. My guitar is blue and the first song I learned how to plat was About a Girl by Nirvana.

This all sounds like a great start except for one tiny thing... She lives in FLORIDA.

When I first noticed that I was really trying to figure out what someone in Florida is e-mailing people on a dating site who live in Canada. I kept at the back and forth messaging in part to see how long before she asked for my credit card to for marriage to enter Canada.

So far it seems she just genuinely wants to chat. I admit it is fun to come home from a long day at work and finding a nice e-mail. Although, it would feel a lot better after a long days work to actually go spend time with someone in the physical world .

I can't see me keeping this up for long but it is kind of fun.

No comments: