Friday, December 28, 2007

Day Four

Today I was back at work.

I had slept pretty badly the night before.
I had vague dreams about Wendy. I don't know why. I'm afraid i"m starting to sound obsessed, but really I know I'm not. I guess our subconscious works in mysterious ways.

During dinner, I had never lied as much to my Mother as I have ever lied my whole life. She just kept wanting to know if I heard from Wendy and what my New Years Plans were. She kept asking in front of my Father and Ira. I basically fabricated that I did speak with her and added a few tidbits of what she's been up to from the e-mail she sent me on Sunday(I forgot to mention that before telling he thoughts about us, she wrote a whole paragraph about how much fun she's having in Another City).

My Mother told me a while back that it's almost a given for a boyfriend and girlfriend to spend New Years Eve together and if they do not then something is wrong (I'm not sure where she got this from... I think I"m out growing making a big deal out of New Years Eve). That is why I kept lying, because if I told Mother I wasn't sure if we were spending NYE together, than she's know the truth and I wasn't ready for a lecture. You don't know Mother. Rather than be supportive and say something like "I"m so sorry to hear you guys are finished" she would say something more like "Good! You could do better anyways!"

I wonder how long until Mother figures out something isn't right...

No comments: