Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Day Two

Today I went up North with my two older brothers, Ira and Jason.

The drive up was killer. I kept getting asked questions about my New Years Eve plans and what I'd be doing with Wendy.

Having not yet actually talked to Wendy about our situation, I decided I did not want to share it with others. Especially my brothers.

In the end, I told Ira, the younger of the two. I've always felt closer to him and especially now that his wife and him divorced. His situation over the summer was a lot worse than what I'm going through and I figured he'd be a good person to talk to.

Jason, on the other hand is really immature for his age (in his 40's) and he would definitely not make me feel better or make things easier on me.

I also am starting to feel a bit of denial. I know I initially figured the best thing to do would be to breakup, but something else is tugging in my mind. I keep thinking a lot about our time together.

But it hit me hard. I keep thinking of all the good stuff.

I guess it's human nature to always remember things that make you happy and forget about the other stuff. Now I enjoy my happy memories but also try to remember why things are weird and are where they are now.

I just hope I can keep this up and stay strong and focused.

No comments: