Friday, May 23, 2008

Date # 3 - Happy

Last Monday I met up with Happy. This marks the 4th girl I've met to go on a date since I broke up with Wendy. I have yet to have a second date with any of these people.

I'm not sure I can even call what I did really a date...

We arranged to meet for coffee. Thankfully, she picked a place right around the corner from me which was super convinient in case I needed to bail. I was a bit worried she'd be really ugly.

When Happy showed up, I was stunned. I will admit she was a bit a larger person than I'm normally attracted to, but her face was so pretty. I didn't have a hard time keeping eye contact with her.

So we sat down and chatted about stuff for a while. She seemed interested but then she asked me about what I was looking for on the dating website we found each other on. She was intrigued that I had just moved downtowna nd asked me if the reason I was on the site was to meet other people to hang out with. I slowly said "yes but...." ensuing I was also looking for something if it were to lead into it.

Then Happy started to tell me about a party her friend was having and that I would love her friends and I should go...

...Except she wouldn't be there. She had anohter arty she'd be going to insted...


I was thrown off a bit but didn't mind. I want to meet new peopel and i love randomness. However, i totally got the impression that
a) she was looking for anything
b) if she was, I"m not what she's looking for

I also havn't heard from her since except to tell me that the party was moved to a day I can't attend. I wrote a note to her saying that we should hangout some time but havn't heard from her since.

Well, it could have been worse, I guess.

1 comment:

JRM said...

Hmm, that is an odd one and I have to agree with your conclusions as well. Something fun for an hour or so and onward!