Friday, May 9, 2008

Update

I have a few minutes this morning to take advantage and write a quick post to update you all in whats been going on lately.


Well, the move went well. I had help by 3 friends (at different times) and it only took 2 trips to get everything to the apartment. I already unpacked all my essentials but I still have some boxes in the middle of my room, and will stay there until I get more furniture (a desk, bookshelf, etc.).

I have the most fucked up closet in the world.


The depth of the closet is about 2/3 of a regular closet so all my clothes sit in it at an angle. On top of that, there is a single shelf to put stuff on but I can't because the architect put the shelf exactly in line with the top of the doorway, leaving about a 5 inch space to put things on a 12 inch shelf!

Other than that the apartment rocks! I'm living with two roomates, which I'll call RM1 and RM2 for simplicity. RM1 is very friendly. She's about 10 years older than me but pretty cool. She'll ask me how my day was and stuff like that. We've even been chilling int he kitchen watching LOST episodes a couple of times this week so that was awesome.

I've seen RM2 for a total of 15 minutes this entire past week. She's either in her room or out. This is fine by me, but I just found out last night that she's moving out in June. She just moved in last week! Well, maybe the new roomate will be a hottie.

As for girls, I found out that Victoria (whom I havn't spoken to since my last cancellation of plans due to the fact that she never had a cell phone and she moved) was seen at a party being very touchy feeling with a guy I know. It doesn't bother me, and not that I even wanted to, but I'm sure if I played my cards right I could have ended up like that. Instead, once again, I screwed up chances with a girl who was showing me interest.

On the bright side, I hung out with Sheira this past week. We went out for coffee and just chilled for an hour. Again, not something I ever really wanted to pursue, but we're totally in the 'buddies' zone, which is fine by me. We discovered we're both huge Radiohead fans and decided to go to the show this summer. I think it'll be fun to hang out with Sheira over the summer since she's new to My City and it feels good to show people around the great city I grew up in.

As for internet dating, I've been contact 3 times by mail order brides from Russia, a 38 year old male graphic designer (?) and a girl sent me a smile on Lavalife, thus convincing me to buy credits, but turned out to be a waste since she never replied to my message.

I'm hoping to get a computer in the next week or so, so hopefully I'll be able to update more often.

Peace!

1 comment:

JRM said...

El, I think if you want to get back in touch with Victoria, the field is probably still fairly open with her... she was probably drunk when feeling up the other guy ;-) Seems to be her natural state.

YAY for the new place!