Friday, May 23, 2008

Knowing People Is Nice

Last night I went to the local theatre to see a sketch comedy show some of my friends were performing in. I've been to the theatre a few times. Through my improv/artsy friends and the theatre I realized i"m starting to know a lot of people again.

Last night at the show, I bumped into a bunch of people I knew from one way or another. Even just knowing someone by their name or face and not really knowing them well is a nice feeling.

Last night reminded me of my days in University. There, I was such a sociable guy, I would be able to walk down one stretch of highway and actually know everybody I passed. Once I graduated, my connections started to diminish. Then when I met Wendy, forget it, I was spending all my time with her, my social circle was killed.

Now that I'm downtown and out and about, I'm feeling good.

No comments: