Friday, May 2, 2008

Elwood's Embarking on a new chapter

Why do ex's want to know everything about your life after you've broken up? Is it just chit chat? I'm totally stumped.

Also Wendy offered to help me move.

Thankfully I have enough help, but I wondered how this whole process would be if i was dating someone. Having someone close to you helping you out other than your mom. Shopping together for furniture, picking out essentials, learning about how they would do things,etc. Then after a long day of unpacking, snuggling up in a bed together for a day well accomplished.

Maybe that is why I've been so pissy around my mom lately...

Well, that may be the case this summer, except replace 'day of unpacking' with 'night of drinking' and snuggling with 'bon chicca wah wah'.

Speaking of which, tomorrow is the BIG DAY.

I'm at about 15 boxes and still have to pack my CDs, graphic design stuff, guitar and all my clothes. I got a bunch of friends willing to help. I'm planning on doing it all in one trip and have horrid visions of the bed flying off the roof of the van.

I feel a little guilty but I've arranged it all so I don't need my mom's help. I think I'd go nuts other wise. Besides, I want to prove I ain't no mama's boy! (anymore...)

I can't believe it's finally happening. I'm moving out! Goodbye Parent's Basement, hello Elwood's Palace of Love.

Also, I won't have a computer for a little while so it will be hard to post . Enjoy this little break but don't go too far away, I'll be back!

1 comment:

JRM said...

Take it easy on Mom... she's probably having a bit of a hard time - or maybe she's ready to have you gone, too, hard to know! LOL

Wendy is just still fucking with your head. You've told her it's too soon and she's not respecting that. She must feel guilty. Keep your distance - smart guy.

15 boxes??? OMG, in 5 years those will have gone up a factor of 10! LOL