Saturday, May 17, 2008

Back Online

It's been exactly two weeks that I've been livingin my apartment and it's finally starting to feel a bit more like home.

I finally broke down a lot of the empty boxes that were in my room and replaced them with some furniture. I have a new desk for my new computer, as well as a bookshelf. It has yet to have some shelves with books so right now it looks like a giant coffin in my room.

The best part about my room is how all my firniture is from IKEA yet each piece is a different shade of brown...

I'm starting to get a feeling for my roomates. They seem really nice and friendly. RM1 is out of town this weekend so they apartment is pretty quiet.

I started to bike ride around the area and it's great. I even started to bump into people i know which is always a nice feeling.

Sheira has been calling me lately to hang out and do stuff. Unfortunately both times I was busy but I hope not to have a Victoria repeat. I don't understand why I keep having bad timing issues.

Meanwhile I have been in contact with someone online (let's call her Happy) and we're in the negotiating phases of when and were is a god time to eet up for coffee or a beer. So, Monday night may mark Date # 3 on my list of 10 different people to date.

I decided to go out on a limb on this one. Happy viwed my profile. I read hers and even though she had no picture, decided to give it a try. We started messaging back and forth. I get the feeling that she is a more laid back person who doesn't need to go out and get drunk to have a good time. She also seems big into foreign films and culture.

We then exchanged e-mails and phone numbers. I have yet to talk to her or meet her in person, ans as of yet I have no idea how she looks. I know most people will insist on a photo first but the last person I met online, the photos did no justice at all. So whats the point?

I feel a bit guilty though. I did a little bit of research on this person. At first i google searched and facebooked her e-mail address but no luck. I figured out it must be what she uses to meet people online and it is not her personal address.

When she gave me her phone number though, Google gave me a hit with her personal e-mail address, thus giving me her last name. I then put that in Facebook and found her. Unfortunately, it was all for nothing because I can't see anything except a tiny pic of her in ski clothes (i.e. no face visible) until i add her as a friend.

It's scary, though, the possibility of stalking someone on the net.

No comments: