Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Elwood's got a date!

So after a few false leads, I'm finally going on a date tomorrow night with someone I met on that online dating site.

A lot of people on these kind of sites all write the same stuff. From their profiles you can single out what kin dof 'group' they could belong in:
1. Those online looking for sex
2. Those online who for one reason or another believe they need to find someoen to make their life complete and will find their prince charming online
3. Those who have boyfriends but still going online for shits and giggles
4. Those who are bored
5. Those who are older and looking to start a family
6. Those who just want to have fun and see who they can meet/are too busy to meet someone at a bar

I put myself more in the last group.

You can also do the same by just looking at profile pictures:
People in group 1 mostly show pictures of their boobs ready to pop out, or a picture of them in a club drunk.
People in group 2 usually have either a blurry or hard to see picture (if they believe they are not attractive) or are dressed in their fanciest, prettiest outfit.
People in group 3 usualy have a picture with their boyfriend in it.
People in group 5 practically are in their wedding dresses already

People in group 6 (and all the groups actually) may or may not even have a profile picture. Now I did some thinking and came up witht he conclusio of why someone wouldn't put their picture up online. It's either:
a) They don't thin they are attractive and worry by showing their picture no one will talk to them
b) They don't feel the need to have someone talk to them based solely on their looks.

So, after avoiding profiles with no pictures, I started to read them as well.

I stumbled upon a very funny and interesting one. Decided to message the person and she wrote back with a picture attached. I will admit she looks pretty. After writing back and forth a couple of times, being extremely jokey in the messages, I finaly asked her for coffee/beer and she wrote me back her number. I gave her a call last night and we agreed to meet up tomorrow evening to go check out this "alternative theatre" event happening in My City. I just found out a band I know of is playing there for FREE at the exact same time I arranged to meet her so that'll be cool. I hope I'll be able to find her.

Wish me luck!

I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice! Best of luck, and most of all, have fun!