Sunday, June 15, 2008

Shitty feelings

This afternoon I was hanging out with my brother Ira and this girl he's been dating for a bit. After hanging out for a while we all had to leave and take the metro together. I was going to my parents place for dinner, and Ira's date had to go home. The whole way home, I started to feel pretty depressed.

I saw them together and they looked happy (even though Ira told me he was going to dump her tonight) and I felt very left out. On top of that I looked around and saw everyone enjoying the Summer outside and going off to hangout somewhere and enjoy the sun. People with guitars, and Frisbees and friends. Meanwhile I was headed to the suburbs to hang out with my parents on Fathers Day.

No one forced me to go and I was excited to go when I was asked earlier in the day, but I was starting to regret my decision. I finally moved away from the grasp of my parents and had all th efreedom int he world to do as i pleased but instead i put myself in a situation where I felt tied down again. It really sucked.

I started feelign better when we got out of the metro and it started to rain hard.

1 comment:

JRM said...

Good work seeing Dad on Father's Day. Don't feel guilty - I'm sure he loved it and it's just one afternoon. As for being depressed at bro and the girl he's about to dump... ummm... obviously all a facade on their part, so don't be jealous of that!!!