Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's Official: I don't know how to close a date

Tonight I went on my first date with Student.

I was running late but thankfully, so was she. Also, living 2 minutes away from our designated meeting spot didn't hurt either. This being my first time meeting her in person, my mantra the whole way there was "Please don't be ugly, please don't' be ugly...".

Well, someone listened because she was very pretty. And seems very smart and interesting. She's travelled quite a bit and comes across as an outgoing person, not afraid to try stuff. For instance, I told her about this band I wanted to check out and she was all gung ho about coming with me. After the show, she told me she really enjoyed it.

The bus we needed wasn't coming for 20 minutes, so we walked in the cold rain.

We reached my street. I wasn't really that worried about ending the date because due to our umbrellas, it was impossible to get in close to her anyways.

As is now becoming a typical Elwood move, I just stood there for a few seconds and stared at her before she complained about her feet getting cold and wet. We both agreed we had fun and would like to hang out again soon. The same thing happened with Music Girl, but then I never heard from her again. So lets wait and see...

1 comment:

Paul said...

Hi just started reading your blog today and I want to congratulate you on your decision to take some positive action!

How to close a date: during the date assess whether she sees you as 'more than a friend'. This should be somewhat obvious, but you can test the water by seeing how to reacts to you touching her etc. If you feel as though it's on at the end of the date tell her you really enjoyed yourself, give her a little kiss and a hug and say you want to see her again. Nice and simple, don't be too serious and you'll be fine :)

Paul