Saturday, May 30, 2009

Date # 9 - Music Girl

I just got home from a very long day outside. It was awesome.

The day started with me waking up sleepily after an awful night of sleep (or lack of) and then running to do an errand. By 1pm, I met up with a bunch of friends and hung out outside for the better half of the day. Once a year My City has a huge street sale and we were walking up and down checking out all the sales, bar patios and food vendors.

Around 4pm, I got a call from her who I'll now refer to as Music Girl (or MG for the times I'm lazy). Even though Music Girl lives on the other end of downtown, she had no problems with coming all the way to my side of town to hang out.

Around 5pm, we met up and decided to go relax at the local park. Since I lived close by, I convinced her to swing by my play so I could pick up my guitar which she was excited about.

We ended up just chilling in the shade talking for a while and taking turns playing guitar. She seems like a really interesting person. She's 6 years younger than I but has moved around and done more travelling than I have. She's been to Nicaragua, India and Thailand. It also turns out she recently met her biological father about 2 years ago and found out she's half Jamaican (she looks completely white, though) and now lives with her Father's brother in law. Strange but interesting...

She seemed super friendly and outgoing and laughed a lot at what I had to say (that's a good thing). She even took my guitar and played an original song and it was really nice and sweet to hear.

After the park, she grabbed something to eat and we headed to another park and chatted some more for a short while until she said she had to head out.

I really enjoyed my time with her. I'm not really sure what she's looking for out of this but even if we were to just hang out and stay friends, that would be fine with me.

She told me that she posted the ad on Craigslist out of a whim while on there looking for a job and was curious to see what would happen. Apparently, I'm the only guy she met in real life so far.

The only weird thing was at the end, she gave me a hug and said "maybe we'll hang out again soon" which could either mean she's not interested in hanging out again soon or it was just her way of saying "I had fun lets do this again soon".

Either way, I'm going to wait a couple of days and then call her up and see if she'd want to meet up again.

I'll keep y'all posted

3 comments:

Blinds said...

I don't think she would have said "maybe we'll hang out again" if she didn't want to see you again. This sounds promising!

erin said...

So I've been following your blog for a while, but I'm a lazy commenter and have never said anything :)

Anyway, from my perspective, the girl definitely wants to hang out again. The "maybe we'll hang out again" was a girl's way of saying she DOES want to hang out, but doesn't want to seem too forward either. The ball's in your court! It sounds like yall had a good time, you should definitely initiate plans for a second date :)

Dolce said...

It's amazing how men overthink just like women do. Don't worry about the word "maybe". That was probably her way of not trying to sound too aggressive.

Get that second date! Don't wait another minute!!!

Go!

Now!