Thursday, May 7, 2009

Here's a free pass to my show!

When I got back from Chicago, things at work were pretty calm. I had a couple of things I needed to work on but I had a month to do them. For reasons I still can't figure out, I haven't been able to sleep through the night without waking up at least once. Sometimes I just toss and turn. This has been happening since I came back. Needless to say I was tired at work and was slower than usual.

Well, now the month is almost over and with last minute stuff added on to the deadline, I've had to work like a dog all week to ensure I finish everything in time. I'm not complaining (looking at you Dolce, haha), I've just been so busy. I broke my record for staying late. Monday, I left at 10:30, but got a shit load done and it felt good.

This week I've also been busy with Improv. Tuesday I had a show but it was cancelled due to lack of audience. However, a girl I met last Friday at my friends' improv show (she's taking classes taught by one of my friends) came. I had given her a free pass and she actually showed up.

I think she is super cute. She's a grad student and has this very girl next door look to her. She comes across pretty shy and I get the feeling either she is in a very deep relationship with someone or she doesn't have much dating experience. Even though the show was cancelled, we had a mandatory workshop, so unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to hang out with her. She said she'll come back another night, so I guess time will tell.

Meanwhile, the cute waitress who I gave passes for the Wednesday night show, didn't show up.

I didn't expect her to but we did do a show so that was fun none the less.

I'm liking this free pass thing. It may be cheesy but I feel less afraid to approach someone if I know I have something to offer them. I guess I know that most girls like to date funy guys and this way I get to show them.

1 comment:

Dolce said...

Contrary to pervious comments, I'm not a hater. :)