Monday, May 25, 2009

Because one fake name isn't enough...

I got another response from Craigslist.

This time the ad was someone in their young twenties looking for an ideal evening that would involve dinner, laughing, listening to music, midnight bike ride and then a candle-lit bath. At 3:30am in the morning wired on coffee and a bit of beer and being tired, it sounded awesome!

Even now it sounds awesome.

At first glance I thought it was spam or someone just on there to advertise. In her response, she stated that music is important in her life and apparently she's a musician. She even had a link to her myspace page.

Another thing I noticed was the name from the sent e-mail address, the name she signed her e-mail with and the name of the person the myspace page were all different!

I've learned that it is a gamble using your real name, so lately, even I have started signing e-mails to strangers as Elwood, from a fake e-mail address (I.e. one that doesn't trace back to my real life). But 3 fake names? Thats crazy!

In any case, I took a chance and wrote back. That's Crazy!

We've exchanged e-mails about two times each now and she got interested in the fact I do improv and wanted to come check out a show. I told her about a big show we have this week and she said she'd come.

The only weird thing is my parents are also coming to that show (it's a big fundraiser).

So in typical Elwood manner, a girl I've never met, is coming to check me out at one of my shows with my mother present.

This should be interesting.

No comments: