Sunday, May 3, 2009

Le Follow Up Part Deux

Friday night I was hanging out with my friend when I realized I had never followed up on the French girl I had met on the bus a couple of weeks ago.

He encouraged me to call her, so I did. Then a guy picked up the phone. I was super confused because the number I dialed was programmed in my phone so the number had to be right. The guy had a thick french accent as well. He then told me that i had the right number but that he shares the phone with the girl. I felt really nervous and right away thought he must be her boyfriend from back home and he came to My City with her.

I wanted to get off the phone but he told me he'd "go find her for me. I told him I was her friend and he said to hold on. Then he came back and said he found her. She got on but it was so noisy I couldn't hear a thing. There was loud music blaring. She said something which I think was "I'll call you back" and then hung up.

I never heard from her again.

Today I was with the same friend as on Friday and he asked me whatever happened. I told him she never called back so he convinced me to text her. I was reluctant to do it but figured what the heck, I had nothing to lose.

I basically told her it was me and that I tried calling her the other day and asked if she wanted to go for coffee.

No response.

I know I shouldn't but I felt almost stalkerish because it was like i was trying all ways possible to contact her and I never got any signals she wanted me to contact her, you know?

Well onto the next girl!

No comments: