Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Matchmaker matchmaker make me a match

It's funny but I seem to emit some kind of "hook up" waves or something. I have difficulty meeting people myself, but yet on several occasions, most unintentional, I've managed to get two people to meet and start dating.

For example, Once I invited a friend to watch a show. Another friend was there already. Next time I saw either of them was when they were together and dating.

Yesterday marks the first time it's happened with total strangers. You're all thinking "so what? it's normal for 2 people who don't know each other to meet and start dating". Yes, that's true. but these people were strangers to me!

I was running late and my subway was already at the station. I sprinted down the steps and lunged inside and just barely made the closing doors.

One I was sitting and catching my breath I saw a guy and girl smile and each other (most likely over my ridiculously funny act of catching the subway) and then they started talking.

I could tell they didn't know each other because they were sitting next to each other and by their body language and way of speech.

When we arrived at a station that is used to switch subways lines, I could tell by the way the guy walked in the same direction as the girl but not with her, that they definitely were strangers to each other.

At the next line, I sat down again and watched them start to talk to each other, yet again.

Well good luck to you guys! I hope you get married and live happily ever after, no need to thank me...

No comments: