Thursday, June 25, 2009

If only it was always this easy

Recently I contacted a girl through Plentyoffish.com. We ended up sending each other 2 messages each. Turns out she went to the same elementary school as I but was in a different grade.

In my last e-mail I told her I'm not too crazy about chatting over the Internet and asked if she'd like to continue the conversation in real life, over coffee or beer perhaps?

I know it was a very vague statement. However, in her reply message she stated that she too is not a big fan of chatting over then. She also suggested we meet and gave me her phone number. No questions asked.

I called her before my show but no answer, so I left a message.

Will she reply? Tune in next time to find out.

Same blog channel, same blog... er... time?

3 comments:

Dolce said...

I really have to compliment you. Lately you have really put yourself out there. You are actively trying to meet girls and go on dates instead of moping around your apartment complaining that it's impossible to meet anyone.

Good for you! I like this new Elwood!

Matt Savage said...

That's not too shabby, a lot of guys seem to have a terrible time at using POF, but it looks like you have it figured out.

Is this the only girl you've contacted through the site so far or have you contacted others?

Elwood said...

Actually, Matt, I've contacted many girls since I've been using POF over the past couple of years. If you look through my blog, in the past year I've been on a single date with 9 different girls and I met 5 of them through POF. On top of that there's been a bunch of girls that I've traded messages with and never got anywhere.

This current one also seems to have hit a wall. We've been playing phone tag all week and now I'm afraid to call her back.