Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Social Butterfly - Correction

In response to Micheal's comment, a huge problem I have with this blog is I tend have SO MANY great ideas and thoughts I want to write about. However, I tend to ramble on and speed through my blog posts without really rereading or double checking what it is I actually said.

I totally know what you were talking about Micheal. I did see shows with friends but except for 1 show, I didn't plan anything or arrange to go with a friend or friends. I went on my own and found a lot of people I know. I hung out with several people but without the feeling of being tied down or responsibility of having to stay and hang out with them.

On top of that, I met a bunch of new people as well. And the great thing about social events, such as this, is things always carry over. Sunday night I was at the weekly workshop/show I attend. After the show, I was biking home and passed by one of the venues being used for the Fringe and bumped into a girl who's in a show with a friend of mine. I chatted with her over the weekend at the beer tent, and now I bumped into her again.

She was biking my way, so we decided to race up the busy street.

It was awesome.

Just as we reached her destination, I almost got hit by a car (not exactly, but he got pretty close to me), and I then I realized she had gone up on the sidewalk to park her bike as I flew by. I stopped, turned around and walked up to her on the sidewalk saying:
"Even after a near death experience, I couldn't leave you without saying a proper goodbye".

So ya, I wasn't even doing anything Fringe related but still managed to bump into people through it.

I don't want to get ideas in my head but I think she's cute and there is one more weekend of the Fringe so it's possible I could bump into this person again. I'll keep my eyes open.

No comments: