Friday, June 26, 2009

How to succeed with women

After much insistence, my brother finally gave me his copy of How to Succeed With Women - Revised and Updated by Ron Louis and David Copeland. Ira bought it on the recommendation of a friend of his and now he things I should give it a go.

I've read The Game by Neil Strauss (a true story on Pick Up Artists), flipped through the Guide to Getting It On (friend lent it to me) and own Sex for Dummies (Spider Dude bough it for me as a gift). Never, have I been interested in reading about "how to score". However, after reading a couple of chapters, I decided the book is quite interesting, if not in a satirical way.

I decided that I'll try and get through the whole thing and even though I may not believe in everything it has to say, I'm going to attempt the things it recommends.

I'll try to keep this blog updated on what I read/try and put it in my perspective, as a single male in his late twenties who started dating late. There's enough stuff here to last me a hundred blog posts!

The funny thing I've noticed so far is that the style of writing is constantly selling itself. What I mean by that is this: It's a book on advice on how to meet women (and have sex). I've already read the first 42 pages (out of 390) and it constantly has to remind me how good a book it is on women. Ira told me that the book is like 90% talking about how the advice they give will change your life and 10% actual advice.

If it's crap, I'll get a good laugh out of reading it .If it's actually half decent, I might learn a thing or two that would be helpful to know.

Let the "road to success" begin!

No comments: