Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Good Ol'Fringe Fest

Last Saturday was a really awesome day. It was a hugely nice contrast to all the time I've been putting in work.

Friday night I decided instead of going out and partying, I went to bed around 12:30am and got up early so I could head to work.

I got to my office at about 9:30 and worked until 1pm. Then I headed to the area of Town where the Fringe was taking place. I ended up seeing3 shows and I bumped into a bunch of people including a friend of someone I vaguely know from the theatre I attend for improv. This person was visiting her friend all the way from Australia.

She was pretty cute and I managed to get her to come over to hang out and kill time until her friend (the one I know), texted her.

At night I ended up going to a late night Fringe dance party and it was loads of fun. I knew quit a few people there.

The only drag was that my brother Ira came with me to the dance party and was making me feel awkward ebcause he kept telling me that it sounds like the Australian was into me and kept asking me where she was or why I wasn't dancing with her.

Overall, the day was great. I saw 3 shows, a whole bunch of people I knew, watch a drag queen competition (drag queens competing in an obstacle course) and ended it off with a dance party.

Too bad Fringe is only once a year.

No comments: