Thursday, June 4, 2009

Good ol' Dad

Yesterday my father called me up in the middle of work asking me if I was busy. I had a few minutes to talk and asked him what he wanted. I assumed it had something to do with my phone since he keeps bugging me about renewing my contract.

It wasn't.

All he told me was that he had a very nice girl girl standing in front of him. He wasn't making much sense but then asked me about the place and time of my show that night and I could hear him telling this very nice girl and her being very nice and politely accepting the fact this crazy guy is trying to set her up with his son while she's working at where ever my father is at the moment.

Today I get a second call from my father at work:

Father: "Elwood, who played with Gene Wilder in the movie The Frisco Kid?"
Elwood: "It was Harrison Ford"
Father: "Oh ok... I thought so... How was your show last night?"
Elwood: "It got cancelled, not enough audience showed up"
Father: "Oh, too bad. I kept telling that very nice girl to go see your show."
Elwood: "Ok..."
Father: "I told her I'd drive her there but she got scared."
Elwood's brain " Wtf? Oh my god!"

Turns out she works at the bank my father goes to almost everyday. He insists I go with him to the bank next time.

I'm so glad I moved out of the house.

No comments: