Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Elwood - the social butterfly

This weekend was awesome.

I worked really hard all week and deserved a weekend to relax, except I seem to spell relax p-a-r-t-y.

So as I mentioned in the last post this week the Fringe Festival is in town (for those paying attention, I may have given out a big clue as to where I live in the world...).

Friday night I saw a show with a friend, bumped into a friend, went to a late night show at 1am and then hit up the dance party that contained various people from all over the place either in a show or visitng to watch a show.

I was out until 3am and only fel asleep by 4am-4:30am.

Then, on Saturday night, I did the same thing!

I love being in situations where you can just meet people from all over the place and just party.

See i have no problem with that, but once I try to make a thing out of it, try to hook up with a girl or get her phone number, it just goes downhill from there.

I wonder why...

Ira says I'm not serious enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you've got it wrong, you don't go to the Fringe with friends, you go and then be open to something happening. It's a very different environment, so it enables people to approach others they don't know. I have no idea whether or not it's a good pick up spot, but it's a good place for flirting in the traditional sense (ie not to pick
someone up, but the interaction for the
sake of the interaction). People don't
normally interact with "strangers" so
it becomes problematic to approach someone for reasons of lust or whatever. But when there is a high level of interaction between strangers, then that's the first step.

If you go with friends, it's too easy
to stay with those friends. When you're
alone, there's no other choice.

Of course, it also requires a certain
level of involvement. Just going to a show likely doesn't work, being at the Beer Tent on opening night when all the companies are handing out flyers is a start. Go frequently enough, and you become visible, the audience can be "stars" as much as the performers.


Michael