Monday, February 15, 2010

Baby Steps

Tonight Indie Rock Girl came over.

I had a late night last night and decided instead of going to the theater like I normally do on a Sunday night, I'd take it much easier. I sent RCG an e-mail when I woke up inviting her over to watch the Winter Olympics. She accepted and said she could either meet me after dinner or come earlier if I fed her. So, being the gentleman I am, I invited her over for supper and made her my world famous grilled cheese sandwich, with a side dish and she drank almost half a bottle of white wine.

After an unsuccessful attempt to get my Internet working to watch the Olympics live by streaming it on my PC, we moved to the living room instead. I was snuggling under a nice blanket but she didn't want to cover up and just sat there cross armed.

After watching for over an hour and chatting, I realized that she really is a fun person to talk to. She's quirky but I like that about her. After summoning a lot of courage, I leaned my head on her shoulder. I was already kind of leaning on her before (to stretch my legs) but after much thought, I went for it.

Afterwards I asked if it was ok, and she said yes. Then after a few minutes I started rubbing her arm. No flinching, no objections.

Ok, this is good.

Then I shifted and put my arm around her shoulders and she curled up next me. I kept rubbing her arm slowly off and on the rest of the time and she seemed to like it.

I'm pretty sure I could have gone in for a kiss, but I didn't want to rush it. It was late, my roommates were sleeping, and we were trying to be really quiet. Plus it was really nearing the time she had to leave.

Finally, I had to kick her out, unfortunately, and she knew she had to go anyways. As she was in my room putting on her jacket I was sitting on my bed. I looked up and she pulls something out of her pocket and hands it to me. It was a green valentine card she made out of cardboard paper. On the back it read:

Happy Valentine's Day - Thanks for all the music and good times. I'm glad we met :) - IRG

That probably would have been a good time to kiss her but again I balked. I did thank her though, and I studied the card for a while, to show my sincerity.

I walked her to my front door and before she left she gave me a hug. This was the first time. Usually it would be a quick "Goodbye" and she'd leave. This time she said "Thanks for dinner. I'll have to come back and finish the other half of wine".

This is good right? :)

More to come (I hope) ...

No comments: