Monday, February 22, 2010

"So I guess we're no longer platonic?"

All week Indie Rock Girl an I had planned to go see a show on Saturday night. I bought the tickets and we we're supposed to meet up and go enjoy ourselves. What was not planned was being invited over for dessert (before we even went to the show).

The show was excellent and then we walked back to IRG's place. Both her room mates were out of town so we had the whole place to ourselves.

We had to defrost the dessert so while it sat on the counter, we sat on her bed and watched the Olympics.

Then we made out.

Then she stopped me to see the results for one of the races. Korea won gold.

Then we made out.

Then things went way past being 'strictly platonic'.

I don't want to go into details because I feel it's unfair to IRG to talk about this stuff even if she doesn't know I write this blog (it makes me feel even more guilty) and it makes it feel a little less special to me if I tell everyone, but I will say this:

When it came for the moment of glory... I blanked again. This time I don't know why. I wasn't drunk. I was afraid. I know the person. I like the person. I didn't feel nervous. Yet, I just couldn't get it to work.

Eventually we gave up, but she didn't seem to care. She was quite cheery (I guess I pleased her enough) and we just laid there on her bed for a while and talked.

It was nice.

The only other thing to note is the only condom I had with me was a flavoured condom. Gross, I know. The only reason I even have the stupid things is because the first time I bought a box years ago, I was super nervous and grabbed the first thing I found. I thought it said lubricated but it actually said luscious colors.

I explained that to IRG and she laughed.

Cut to Sunday night. I arrived home from hanging out with Ira to see I have an e-mail from IRG. She asked how I was and told me about her day. Then she mentions how she was at the drugstore and bought a box of non-scented condoms "so we'll be prepared for next time". She continued with "I hope there will be a next time!".

I don't know when that will be, but hopefully sometime soon :)

1 comment:

Trips said...

Awww, she sounds so cute and fun! I'm sure the more time you spend with her the more relaxed you will be.