Saturday, December 6, 2014

The Cute Princess

It was Sunday. 3 days since I got the phone number of Cute Princess (which I will refer to as CP from now on). My plan was to wait at least until that day to contact her. I didn't want to come across eager.

I didn't get the chance. She beat me to it. I was busy in the afternoon but checked my phone and saw she left me a message saying it was nice meeting me.

Later that night we texted for a bit and arranged a date. It turned out the only day she was free that week was Monday. So we met up the next day at a bar.

I'm not amazing with dating (otherwise this blog would be called The Amazing Date Bloomer) but I think the date went extremely well.

The bar we picked was nice but not crowded, so we could hear ourselves talk. And talk we did for 3 hours!

I read once that you don't want your dates to drag on too long. That it's good to have a goal to leave at a certain time. However, we just lost track of time.

I learned a lot about her on the first date. Examples were she's into geeky things like role playing. She's getting into costume making. She admits to being awkward. She's into classic rock. All things I enjoy/can relate to.

CP made it easy for me because she mentioned more than once that this was a date. So I didn't have to wonder about it.

We finished our first drink and I could see she had no hesitation to stay for a second one.

Once it started to get late and our 2nd beers were done, we paid for out drinks and headed outside.

We were headed in opposite directions. Normally I dread the end of dates because I never know what to do or say. Don't want to sound too eager to meet again and never sure what they will say.

She made it easy for me again.

She told me she had a really good time and was glad we met. Then she asked me how we want to go about our goodbye, if in one who kisses on the first date or not.

I've never been asked that before. Only once did I kiss on the first date and even then I wasn't really into the person. Here was different. I wanted to kiss her but was surprised she wanted the same.

Before doing anything I just had to bring up one thing. From the stories we were sharing I calculated she has to be anywhere from 10 to 8 years younger than me. I just wanted her to know that.

She said she figured that out too when she Facebook stalked me. This made me laugh.

Then we kissed.

It was nice. It wasn't a quick peck. She kissed me at least 3 times. We probably could have made out but I wanted to keep it short and save that for later, if there is a later.

We said goodbye again and she said to text her and we went our separate ways

No comments: